please stop submitting that “this is what heterophobia would look like if it were real/what if straight people were oppressed” video
flipped-oppression narratives that turn actually marginalised people into villains for a moral point people apparently couldn’t understand unless they were thinking about how it would effect them are gross and terrible and i’m not going to post them
you guys should do the “recreate the cover for any video game/movie/album with clip art and comic sans” meme with some LGBTQ films
then submit the links to the posts so i can reblog them here
i literally have had asks this evening from people effectively saying if i keep being mean to allies they’re going to stop being allies
you know you really care about something when you’re willing to drop it because of one bitter queer with a blog
notes for allies on this blog
- this blog is not about you
- it’s not about your feelings or making you feel ~included~
- you can follow, like, reblog, submit or whatever
- but this blog is for lgbtq people
- you hold privilege and power over us so you are going to be the butt of jokes (crap jokes, angry jokes, silly jokes, scathing witty jokes)
- i do not give a single care for your ally feelings
- so messaging me is pointless i’m just going to sass you
- if you think this blog is hostile to allies then HAHA welcome to how lgbtq people feel on 95% of the internet and in 99% of the offline world
- anti-ally sentiment hurts your feelings
- anti-lgbtq sentiment gets us actually hurt
- no lgbtq person owes you niceness or gratitude for meeting a minimum requirement for basic human decency
- if you want a blog that’s nicer to allies there are plenty that will give you cookies and kiss your feet for being such a brave ally
- if you’re a lgbtq person and you disagree with me that’s your right
- but i also don’t care - you can deal with allies however you see fit, but this is my blog so ner ner ner ner ner
- this blog has a list of links about allies/being an ally/not being shit
how to get your tumblr (essentially) promo’d:
- post a funny lgbtq thing. link us to the funny lgbtq thing so we can reblog it.
how not to get your tumblr promo’d:
- hey can you promo us please? no we didn’t read the FAQ, why do you ask?
hey guys don’t save art/fanart people have drawn (or otherwise made) and submit it to me, just submit me the permalink of the original post (if it’s on tumblr). artists deserve full credit/notes where applicable. if it’s from deviantART or similar, be sure to send a link to the source along with the image so proper credit can be added.
and on that note if you see something posted that has no/incorrect crediting, feel free to submit corrections.
i know that happens sometimes sorry